Saturday, June 20, 2009

cooking

crow so happy to be off the eggs for a bit!

Is cooking an act of denial? I want to just cook these days like when I want to just knit...
Last night I made a divine salad from O mag's latest - sliced plums topped with pesto and cooked chilled green beans with shavings of parmigiano and a drizzle of balsamic ...it was so absolutely good. The babes raved! Today I am making this bizarre cauliflower dish - actually it is made and Ron is in making a smoked mackeral, potato, onion baked dish. It is blustery and slightly rainy but not the torrential downfall we were expecting. I am waiting for John and Bridge to get here but they are now an hour and a half late. No surprise there! I am looking forward to seeing them as it has been ages. We'll get them to stay for dinner if they ever show up! Or maybe breakfast...
I worked on the book today - got to about 250 so very little to go but it is boggy and tangled and I feel like screaming slightly. I plan to do another push tomorrow and then we'll see.
bye my lovelies...I will go recline on the chesterfield now with a library book (Reginald Hill!). Ah...

No comments: