Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Writing Life

60,027 – March 24, 2009 - new total for today. Glad to crack that 60,000!
59, 553 – March 24, 2009

Today is a writing day with Gwen - due to stupid ridiculous winter she couldn't come. I've done two things - made index cards of every chapter with what happens so I can see where there are holes etc and did my 1,000 words. I am going to try and do a bit more - get up to 60,000 and also keep picking at the structure and order and mystery...like moving a bathroom in a home you are renovating. Or one you are building. You think how you originally planned it is the way it has to be. This feels like an intuitive and important part of the process. Exposing the story that is already are without destroying it.

2 comments:

Liz in PA said...

Just to let you know I am a new reader of your Blog, and I do enjoy your snippets about your life and hobbies!

And I want you NOT to be lonely!

♥♥♥♥♥Liz in PA♥♥♥♥♥

Jan Morrison said...

Hi Liz - thanks! I am such a glutton for attention...er....
Glad you like my blog. I'll go look at yours!
Jan