Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What Me Worry - September meeting of the IWSG


It's another meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group - we meet to well, support each other in our crazy desires to be part of the writing life. If you're interested go to the link above and sign up or at least have a boo - lots of great blogs to visit!

I love September - clean notebooks, unsullied track record with teachers. Sure it's been forty some years since I was in High School but the feeling prevails. I have lots of energy this September - this new hip I received five months ago has given me a terrific boost in every part of my life. This will be our last year living in Labrador and so I really want to make sure that I take part in everything that makes this place so special. For my writing it means two projects (at least) - one is the mystery I started a couple of years ago that is set here. I need to finish my first draft (got caught in the ending and need to muddle my way through) and the other is to finish a poetry project. Both of those are very tied to this land, these people, and so I need to pay attention!

So - I will set some goals - I now have every second Monday off so I have a bit more time free.

Crooked Knife - finish first draft by October 15th, final revision by January 15. Query package by February 15th!

Labrador Poems  - go over current collection and see how to edit and what is missing. Query package by January 30th.

Bright Angel - continue to send out query packages. Look at first chapter to see if it needs revising again!

Okay - that's it for me. I'm also manifesting which is an interesting process. I'll talk more about that later...

Now, back to work I go. It is a crisp September morning and I'm walking with our clients...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like that feeling when you've set some solid goals for yourself and you can really envision achieving them, Jan. That sounds great.

Misha Gerrick said...

Those are some great goals, and just maybe having a deadline will give you the push you need to wrap up both projects. :-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jan - that looks to be a great list and to partake as much as you can in Labradoran life and good luck with the deadlines ... sound sensible ideas - and go for your September revival ... cheers Hilary

Arlee Bird said...

I wish you well on attaining your set goals. Finally we are getting respite from our L.A. heatwave. It feels like fall is in the air--as much as Southern California can experience fall.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

NIKE said...

play bazaar
play bazaar

play bazaar Try and find leaders of your industry to interview. Always get permission before publishing to your site so you won't have legal blowback.