Monday, August 17, 2009

I just received this lovely award from Elizabeth Spann Craig at Mystery Writing is Murder http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/ (link on my list of faves to your left)

This is what she said - The Humane Award is to honor certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a regular basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world.



I am totally thrilled! I have now basked for awhile in the glow and imagined what I was wearing at the award ceremony ( black pants - like rice paddy farmers wear - with a turquoise cami and a square cut black jacket- all in raw silk) and what I ate at the awards dinner - trout cooked over an open fire with veggies in a tin foil packet and s'mores for dessert. Did I tell you the awards dinner was a cook-out? Yep, by the Grand Canyon. Geez it was fun! Then I stripped to my bathing suit (Gucci - turquoise) and jumped in the Colorado River to cool off. Man we had us a time, all us humane types - especially later when we were drinking Mango Margaritas...

So now to pass on the fun - here is my list of recipients of the Humane Award! These are the folks whose sites I rush to read and who always say hello when they drop by mine!

grrl + dog
http://dneese.blogspot.com

Arlo at A Sailor's Stories
http://asailorsstories-arlommoen.blogspot.com/

Kim Ellis Designs
http://kedesigns.blogspot.com/

I also want to give this award to a few non-bloggers who often show up and read my blog and let me know what they're thinking - Jude in Perth, ON, Liz in PA, and Sue in Halifax! Yay y'all...

Now - I got some writing to do so there!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Wonderful awards banquet! I love your outfit and our menu at the dinner. And, of course, the Mango Margaritas at the post-show party.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Liz in PA said...

You deserve that HUMANE award - Congratulations!

I can always tell when your conpassion for your fellow friends comes through in your writings!

You so eloquently describe your feelings, your passions, even the pitfalls.....but above all, the CARING person that you are always shows!

Thanks for being so honest in your writings.
You are a true HUMANE......and friend!!

Southpaw said...

That's an awesome award, and presented to the most deserving person I know. With out your words of encouragement and your on going conpassion and freindship I am not sure were I would be today. Thank you for all of that. Miss you

PS can I interest you in a Aussie rooster????

Jan Morrison said...

not a chance sweetheart! we have two teenagers over here and think one of them is a roo. Thinking of bringing him in for some heavy duty loving - turn him into a KIND roo!

Southpaw said...

OK but you can't blame a girl for trying

HEHEHE!!!!