Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crazy Jane knits again...


New Hat alert! I've been working for a couple of days on a new hat - a tam o'shanter or a beret or a Jamaican rasta hat...who knows? I've never made one of these before and that is basically the thing with my hat making. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!! I just start out and then get quickly bored and try something weird and half-way through look at some utube thingy on how to increase or whatever and voila - la chapeau is born! I'm loving working on this one because it is Noro Kureyon and the colourways are exciting (thank you dear Kim for gifting me from your stash). The pattern is sort of this if you care! Cast on round needles until you think it would fit your head - you might have to undo it several times if you're me but hey! Then making sure not to twist - work in the round k2 p2 until you have a band about an inch to two inches wide then start using all your new found ways to increase or even just one that you like. I did the knitting in between initially but I find that fraught so I switched to making a little knot with my right hand and slipping it on the right hand needle. So I randomly added stitches unitl I had over 200 then I looked at Purlbee site to find out how to make it flat and that is what I'm doing now. I'll show you how it looks when I'm done. the decreasing with the pattern I'm looking at goes sort of like this: k3 k2tog for a round then seven rounds of knit but I used only five cuz I got chunkier wool. then k2 k2tog for a round and five, then k2tog all way round and then five and then keep doing that until you're switching to dp needles and then ta da!

I'll let you know...

No comments: