Tuesday, August 11, 2009

magical 150th post...

Dearest Readers,
I write this to you on a foggy warm day. My office is pretty tidy and I have our old, small, kitchen table set up sideways to my desk. Yesterday it was covered in paperwork that I had to do - today it is cleared for Gwen. Because it is a magical writing day! Yesterday, I started my (hopefully) final rewrite of The Rock Walker. I had enough info from two writers to get at it and will be able to incorporate the others' feedback as it comes in. I find this very exciting. Jude gave me a list of easy corrections and a list of deeper concerns. Yesterday I did the easy stuff and started on some of the larger areas that need strengthening or changing (gasp!). Ron is going through with a fine-toothed comb but very lovingly.


In the past, I may have been (oh heck I for sure was) somewhat prickly about feedback that wasn't gushingly positive. For this project I don't feel a bit like that. I want to know what works and what doesn't. I believe in this book and know that I can make it a good strong work. I am willing to put the time into doing that and then the time it will take to sell it. I feel like a rodeo horse in the chute - lots of pent up energy - let me show the stadium crowd my stuff!


What's the difference with now? I have no idea but I think it has to do with really getting my chops down so not being afraid that the whole thing is a wash. Picking at the paint colour or even suggesting I change some of the main beams will not cause the whole structure to fall apart. Enough of the mixed metaphors. I got work to do!


OH - and I need to make a new deadline! The book will be ready for professional eyes by September 5th OR sooner!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I'm right there with you on the deadline! Let's see if we can make it happen. Best of luck with your WIP.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Jan Morrison said...

Thanks Elizabeth - I chose that date because it gives me enough time and it's my mum's birthday.

Liz in PA said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥TERRIFIC♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Call up the Parade....Tell the Band to get ready!

This is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/esomeprazole]side affects nexium tablets
[/url]nexium 20 serve
nexium 40 mg tablets buy
where to buy nexium 40 mg
buy nexium online canada
nexium dosage mg

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]virazole 200 mg
[/url] virazole
copegus 100 mg
order ribavirin

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]rebetol buy online
[/url] order ribavirin
purchase rebetol online
buy ribavirin