Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Yes, it is that time again! So grab your coffee and let's sit around the woodstove and swap stories about the good ole writing life. Another meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group is called to disorder!

The optional question for today is "How has your creativity in life evolved since you began writing?"

I started writing seriously in grade two when my teacher at Osgoode Elementary praised me for an essay I wrote about a trip our family took to Magnetic Hill in New Brunswick. I thought 'whoa Nelly, here's my schtick!'

Truthfully I do not get the question. I think creativity is our natural life force manifesting. It is not developed so much as discovered and then explored. Some of us find the land of creativity exciting and some are terrified by its raw terrain. Some of us range freely over the territory, exploring every nook and cranny - ever waterfall and river of how to express ourselves and what we perceive.  Some of us only venture a little ways into the wild finding a bit of creativity that is fulfilling if not so adventurous.  Some of go deep and some go broad. Some of us explorers lose our way and discover new lands, some lose our minds on the trip. Some of us find ourselves. Writing is still my favorite path, but I have wandered far in the fields of visual art, textile art, theatre, clowning, cooking, and the arts of persuasion.

But I'm only in my sixties so I know there's more places to go!

On other news it is the 7th day of NaNoWriMo and I'm in the game. I'm being a rebel (highly encouraged in nano land) by spending half my word count on a new YA and half on the submission process for Bright Angel and my chapbook Red Rover.  I count an hour of submitting as a thousand words.

Here is a painting from my Tara series.


14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go, rebel, go!
I'm not going too far but I have enough to keep me going creatively.

Liza Carens Salerno said...

My world is pretty small to tell the truth, but I find the creativity I can in my little corner of the universe.

Anonymous said...

I love that painting, Jan! As for creativity, I think tapping that well of inspiration is part of what spurs us on as writers. I know any time I do something a little creative, I come back to writing with more energy.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I think so many of us writers are creative in other ways and for many, writing opens the doors to picking up other crafts. It amazes how many talents other writers have.

NIKE said...

An effective way to advertise online is to push your customers to advertise to their friends. This can be done by giving out incentives for services done by consumers such as referrals. satta king
play bazaar

Phil Salt said...

Office 365 Migration can help businesses move their email accounts and essential data to Microsoft 365 with better organization and efficiency. Choosing the right migration approach is important for a smooth transition.
Trusted Software Expert in Data Migration, Conversion, Backup Shefware

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this reflection on creativity and the many ways we can find inspiration beyond our usual routines. Exploring different interests, appreciating art, or trying a new activity can refresh our perspective and bring fresh ideas to our work. Creativity can grow in a small corner of the world, and every person has their own way of nurturing it.

Sky States LLC supports learners who want to build practical skills in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Cybersecurity through structured technology learning programs.

**Phone:** +1 (888) 810-2434
**Email:** info@skystates.us
**Address:** 1316 Wall St, Suite 2C, Everett, WA 98201, USA
**Postal Code:** 98201

For more information, visit Skystates Data Science, AI & Cybersecurity Training & Bootcamp.

Shefware Smarter Technology said...

Shefware – Professional Software for Seamless Data Migration, File Conversion, and Backup

Anonymous said...

**Comment 2**

Choosing the right data science training program is an important step toward developing analytical and problem-solving skills. A combination of practical assignments, real-world datasets, Python programming, and machine learning fundamentals can help learners understand how data drives business decisions.

Skystates Data Science, AI & Cybersecurity Training & Bootcamp

Sky States Reviews: Real Student Testimonials & Success Stories

ChrisMonroe.us said...

SharePoint holds a lot of critical business content, from document libraries to lists and permissions. Backing up site collections to local or network storage means a deleted library or a misconfigured permission set doesn’t turn into a crisis. A useful tool for IT admins. https://www.shefware.com/products/sharepoint-backup

Anonymous said...

Sky States | Hands-On Bootcamps in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science & Cybersecurity

Brook Copper said...

Thanks for sharing useful information about email management and file conversion. Users looking for information on converting OST files into PST format can also visit https://www.osttopst.us/ to explore the available tool.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea that creativity doesn’t have to come from having a huge world or endless opportunities. Sometimes working within a small corner of our lives can actually make us more observant and inventive. The way art, writing, and other creative interests can feed into one another is a great reminder that inspiration can come from unexpected places.

Shefware Smarter Technology provides solutions for data migration, file conversion, backup, and recovery.

**Shefware Contact Details**
Website: https://www.osttopst.us/
Email: support@shefware.com
Phone: +1 888 425 1161
Address: 1316 Wall Street, Everett, WA 98201, USA
Postal Code: 98201

For more information, visit:

Sky States DevOps & CI/CD Pipeline Training Online


Sky States Reviews: Real Student Testimonials & Success Stories

Shefware Smarter Technology said...

Office 365 migration enables businesses to transfer email accounts and critical data to Microsoft 365 efficiently. Selecting the appropriate migration strategy helps ensure a smooth transition, improved data management, and minimal disruption to daily business operations. Shefware – Reliable Software Solutions for Data Migration, File Conversion, Backup, and Recovery