Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Yes, it is that time again! So grab your coffee and let's sit around the woodstove and swap stories about the good ole writing life. Another meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group is called to disorder!

The optional question for today is "How has your creativity in life evolved since you began writing?"

I started writing seriously in grade two when my teacher at Osgoode Elementary praised me for an essay I wrote about a trip our family took to Magnetic Hill in New Brunswick. I thought 'whoa Nelly, here's my schtick!'

Truthfully I do not get the question. I think creativity is our natural life force manifesting. It is not developed so much as discovered and then explored. Some of us find the land of creativity exciting and some are terrified by its raw terrain. Some of us range freely over the territory, exploring every nook and cranny - ever waterfall and river of how to express ourselves and what we perceive.  Some of us only venture a little ways into the wild finding a bit of creativity that is fulfilling if not so adventurous.  Some of go deep and some go broad. Some of us explorers lose our way and discover new lands, some lose our minds on the trip. Some of us find ourselves. Writing is still my favorite path, but I have wandered far in the fields of visual art, textile art, theatre, clowning, cooking, and the arts of persuasion.

But I'm only in my sixties so I know there's more places to go!

On other news it is the 7th day of NaNoWriMo and I'm in the game. I'm being a rebel (highly encouraged in nano land) by spending half my word count on a new YA and half on the submission process for Bright Angel and my chapbook Red Rover.  I count an hour of submitting as a thousand words.

Here is a painting from my Tara series.


5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go, rebel, go!
I'm not going too far but I have enough to keep me going creatively.

Liza said...

My world is pretty small to tell the truth, but I find the creativity I can in my little corner of the universe.

Anonymous said...

I love that painting, Jan! As for creativity, I think tapping that well of inspiration is part of what spurs us on as writers. I know any time I do something a little creative, I come back to writing with more energy.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I think so many of us writers are creative in other ways and for many, writing opens the doors to picking up other crafts. It amazes how many talents other writers have.

NIKE said...

An effective way to advertise online is to push your customers to advertise to their friends. This can be done by giving out incentives for services done by consumers such as referrals. satta king
play bazaar