Thursday, May 21, 2015

still waiting

I'm early at work so thought I'd write a post. I'm still waiting for my manuscript to come home. I'm working hard at my job - a bunch of dogs just strolled by as I look out the window at the SNOW coming down. Gah! Ah well, surely this is the last of it. My dear pal came and went - we had a delicious visit of doing nothing. We like to offer vacations here that are jam-packed with nothing. It is our specialty and we do have repeat visitors! Nothing as an activity is a very radical idea and we think quite under-appreciated. It isn't easy to sustain a daily schedule of nothing but we did our best. We ate, talked, snoozed, read, walked a bit and ate some more. We did visit the two museums in North West River - the Labrador Interpretation Centre and the North West River museum in the original Hudson's Bay Store but that was it. Four days of barely making it off the couches. It brought me back to work full of beans - ready to implement ideas and go forward.

After I finish this small post (this is my writing site and I really haven't been writing or revising so...) I'm going over to my Sojourner in Labrador blog and writing a bit about my days working here. I want to remember the variety and the impressions I have as I only expect to be here at this job for a year.

Last year I did a year long self-learning course about the land. Now I'm doing the same about the people.
And what have you been up to in this post A to Zed lull?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean about waiting, Jan. I'm waiting to hear from a publisher about a ms I sent. And waiting on some other things too. It certainly teaches you a lot, waiting, doesn't it? Meanwhile, I'm really glad you had such a lovely time with your friend. And thanks for the beautiful 'photo.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

We just said goodbye to our daughter and son in law, so I'm grieving....Waiting drives me crazy! I need to get busy so I can distract myself from feeling the loss of our visitors leaving!

Karen Jones Gowen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Love the picture! Really lovely.

I'm not the most patient person, so waiting is tough! Hope you'll hear back soon.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I also have a manuscript I've submitted so am waiting...but I don't expect to hear very soon. So back to the rewrites on the wip.