Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Free Fall - I wish I was a writer-nun but I'm a house-holder

Yes, I am a house-holder. That means that I have bathrooms to clean and dogs to walk. I have family coming to visit - YAY Jude! - and others coming for dinners. I have to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the tiles in the shower. I have to clean out the insanely over-cabbaged fridge, clean candle sticks, sweep down the stairs.
If I were only a writing-nun. Then I would let the dirt pile up, my relationships dissolve into neglect, the dog get fat. I would sit in my hovel (not with my sweet-patootie - as he would have left), my not-so-romantic garret and write fevourishly. I wouldn't notice bills, only rejection letters. I would only read about the craft and talk to others who wear the habit of the writer-nun or writer-monk.
Today I had fiercely written WRITE in my daytimer. So far I have washed toilets, gone to the market to buy a few things, taken the man to the barber, read part of the G & M, done a Skype therapy session, and done the dishes. Written? nada.
Well - not true - I just wrote this didn't I?
Now I'm going to go finish those bathrooms. I'm glad my sis is coming because I absolutely have to do a proper spring-cleaning this year - if we put the house on the market I'll have to spring-clean every week!
Later lovelies...
Here's a photo of the beeeeyoooootiful moon I saw on Women's Day -

3 comments:

Carol Kilgore said...

I totally get this. It's about the same thing I just wrote my Monday blog post about.

Liza said...

The never ending pull and push...I didn't write all weekend. But, I made some lovely meals...

Unknown said...

I totally understand. I would gladly live reclusive in a one room hut rather than do all the stuff I have to do on my list. I hope you had a great weekend.