me skiing as a youngin' - note the stellar form!
Ah September, when one's mind wings to thoughts of clean promise. I will do my homework and not get behind in projects. I will keep my binders neat and tidy. I will make sure the clothes I put on are clean and my hems not fallen down about my knee caps. I will keep my diary up to date and walk the dog and stand up straight and have the elegance of Barbra Streisand (my heroine at 14). This year WILL be different.
So here in my writing blog I will lay out my intentions for the start of the year - the real new year for those of us who spent the first 13 years or so of our sentient selves starting afresh in glorious September!
Writing Intentions for the school year 10/11
1. If working a first draft - write 2,000 words five days a week.
2. If revising a second to thirty-second draft - work for two hours five days a week.
3. Develop a pitch for The Rock Walker and pitch the publisher at Word on the Street.
4. Send out The Rock Walker to a couple more places.
5. Finish the draft before the line edit of True by Dec. 21st.
6. Apply for mentorship program at The Writer's Fed.
7. In 2011 start sending out queries re True.
8. While True is out finding a home go back and finish Earth Bound.
9. Look into self-publishing a book of Friday Challenges.
and most importantly :
10. Keep a cheerful mind about writing, remembering always that I chose this life!
check out Living the Complicated Simple Life for my overall plan for improvement!