Monday, April 5, 2010

Annapolis Royal Again!


Fort Ann

The Duck Marsh


Here are a few images from a trip I took the kids on yesterday and today. We drove to Annapolis Royal yesterday - stayed in a B & B, The Dragonfly Inn - a lovely place taken over by very nice new folks - their son is in the picture pressed up against the window of our room - he was such a funny little fellow. We went to Fort Ann, and I went to the Historical Gardens and the Marsh Duck Pond...we ate lots of junk and watched tv in bed (Simpsons, Family Guy and Elizabeth, the Golden Years). We ate breakfast at the Inn and came home - tired and happy! I saw some of the places that feature in my second mystery - Earth Bound - and so could figure out a few things more...now that I know where things happen etc...

7 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Look at that racing duck! I've never seen such a thing except at zoos. Are they native in Nova Scotia?

LOVE the old building built into the hill... Almost makes it look romantic to live before central plumbing and heating.

Jemi Fraser said...

Looks a little bit like Hobbit-land :) Love it!

Jan Morrison said...

geesh - you guys posted before I even finished - uploading is taking for ever these days! Instead of showing me the pic it shows the html code and so I'm always going back and forth to see what I posted. Most aggravating. Yep, that little place does look like a hobbit home - it is part of the fort that has been there since the early 1700's - not sure what it was - lots of the strange places are munition stores. And as to the duck, my dear, I haven't a clue! Nice shot though, eh?

Pat Tillett said...

Nice photos!

Natasha said...

What an absolutely adorable picture of your grandson!

~ Rayna

Jan Morrison said...

Thanks Pat - it was a fun photo excursion - I took almost 300 pics. gadzooks

Rayna - not my grandson - not belonging to me at all - he is the son of the B&B hosts and really wanted into our room. We laughed so hard at his dear face and his strong intention!

Ann said...

A real cutie that little fella! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Nothing like a break to ease the soul and soothe the mind.