Thursday, April 23, 2009

raining soft



A short note before I head to work. It is raining again. Spring in Nova Scotia is not. It just isn't. I know this so I don't get too worked up. I just wait for the next thing.


Last night I went to a concert at the chapel at the theology school. Nice space - great accoustics - wonderful group called ...hmmm...a word in Latin that means clay vessel - kinanmero or something. This was a trio - a father, his son and his son-in-law. It was wonderful. Strange and interesting jazz improvisations - incredible solos by the two sons - son-in-law on guitar, son on percussion. The dad played a gorgeous new Yamaha. The best thing - the love and joy that they had with and for each other. It was palpable - and of course for me - the percussion was beyond beyond. Of course, why do I say that? I'm not sure but since I was a little sprout it is those beats that get me. He did some things which changed my heart beat I'm sure.


Nothing like betting on a dark horse mid-week and coming up a winner!


later dear readers...

No comments: