Friday, March 20, 2009

This is pic of the writers of DTM. I'm posting it today because it is Dawn's birthday - that is Dawn Harwood-Jones on the left then Jim Henman, Mr. Bones, Malcolm Callaway and myself....

55,322 – March 20, 2009

Now many of my dear readers have asked me what kind of kudos I require for my tremendous feat of pulling off 1,000 words a day (and more!) for over a week. None, dear readers. Just simply be my witnesses. OK I know there are only two or three of you but still! I work best with a carrot and a stick. You, dear readers, are the stick. Now you might rather be the carrot but nonetheless you are the stick. Knowing that I might let you down causes me to give up the high possibility of getting skunked at cards with my sweet patootey or cleaning my closets all so I won't shirk my self-imposed duty! And that is all I need of you. Now later I might require you to ask the book clubs I'm sure you all belong to if you can do a reading of my mystery with notations for every moment you feel bored or disturbed by contradictions etc... but that won't be for ages yet. Fifty or so days depending on final length and time it takes me to edit... But right now all I want is you to come down on me like a Baptist's bible on the pulpit if I should fail to post my thousand or at least my intention to stockpile ahead...aw...you know what I mean.

Now I'm going to watch that final video of Cracker. The carrot speaks. (do you know that I forgot you have to rewind those things. My god technology is so consuming of its old gods.)
Later dears...