Wednesday, December 7, 2022

IWSG late meeting!


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. 

connect here: Sign up page

Hi all you insecure writers! It's that day again - where we gather together to celebrate the highs and bemoan the lows of this crazy writing life.  I'm late today and trying to do this on my tablet so although I'm officially here I'll be swooping in tomorrow to really write my post. On my laptop. Or edit this one.

I did write today. I'm just about at 60 thousand words but this part of the process is very slow for me. I put some in and take some out. It is the hokey-pokey part of the first draft. I'm trying to be patient with myself. I'm also doing a few signing and reading gigs this month which I really enjoy. 

So all and all I'm in an okay place with the writing life. The holidays don't truly impact my writing that much. Maybe I spend extra time making cookies but we do a pretty chill time here. All my kids and my partner's kids and their partners and a couple of grandkids will be here on the 30th for a feast but everyone will pitch in. And we're getting a wood stove in January!  Yay!

I'm making a lot of art so that is fun too.

NaNoWriMo:  just a short note on my recent NaNoWriMo activity. I'm a hundred percent successful when I start the month with a brand new story, and I'm a hundred percent failing when I think I can form the month to suit revision or getting a newish but not new draft on the go. This last NaNo was the latter and I hardly did a thing. Oh well. Still plugging away however and will continue to do so. 







5 comments:

Liza said...

Glad things are going well for you, Jan. I had three gingersnap cookie baking days last week. Now they are in my freezer ready to be doled out. Best to you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Keep writing!
That is quite the crowd you'll have at your house.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I wish I could write as many words as you. It sounds great that you can get enough time to write while enjoying the holidays with your family.

Margot Kinberg said...

I'm so sorry to be late to the party on this one, Jan. But I am happy that you're making progress on your writing, and I am so happy about the release of your book earlier this year. Here's to a good 2023 for all of us.

Aspeak said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.