Thursday, April 14, 2022

A late breaking post for a meeting of the Insecure Writers Support Group

 Only a week and a bit behind...

I was away. In Cuba. Snorkeling. Writing short Hemingway sentences. Okay?


Now I'm back and this will be the the quiet period before the storm of publishing. Or more likely the whole thing will be very quiet, but I'll scream a little when I feel the book in my hands, okay? I was going to be figuring out my various launches but if the Covid surge happening here doesn't calm the heck down then I'll be joining my brothers and sisters of the word who published in the last two years and having one of them there virtual book launches. I have learned not to get excited about a plan during these times. Well, I did get very excited about our trip to Cuba but that didn't work out so well. The water was good, the Cuban staff are heaven but the resort we've loved for years is doing a deep dive into the abyss. Very sad.

If you ever get the chance to take the electric train from Hershey Town to Jeruka - go for it. They'll let you drive and pull the whistle. Wow! See that happing on Via Rail - not likely.

So, as to the IWSG - I'm feeling medium insecure. I had a new feeling the other day (well, new to me), which was that when I get published people will be able to read my book. And they may have feelings or thinkings or judegements about that book that took me seven years to birth. And I would like to say that it isn't nice to say to a new mother that her baby is odd-looking. Okay. It just isn't.


See you on May fourth.


 

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Sorry to hear that the resort you love so much isn't what it used to be, Jan. Even if the staff is great, it's hard when things star to go downhill... But I am so excited for the release of your book. I can't wait to read it.