Monday, April 13, 2020

K is for kick-ass approach in the A to Z of revision

Kick-ass approach

What is a kick-ass approach to revising? I have no idea. I think what I might mean, in this far-fetched stretch of meaning, is to have a take-no-prisoners attitude to your revision. At some point, one must simply do the job without constantly self-doubting the approach. My old man would've said "pitter-patter let's fly atter" and that is close to what I mean, only it starts with P and today's letter is K. I just looked back to my 2015 A to Z of revising and guess what? Yep, I used kick-ass. Well...sue me! I note that I also referenced pitter-patter - so I really haven't changed much in five years. At least I'm revising a different book. I really need, at this point, more of a kick in the ass as opposed to a kick-ass attitude. Oh, well. These are such bizarre times that I think I won't get to mad at myself. I am coming along - but it is taking some amount of futzing about each and every day.

5 comments:

Margot Kinberg said...

Well-put, Jan. Revising means getting in there and doing it. No sentimental attachment to something that doesn't work, and a real focus on the overall story. Strength of purpose, too. I like it!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I think it's tough to keep focus these days! Bizarre times, for sure. I'm doing well on my first draft project and poorly on my revision project, which requires more focus. I'm just trying to do a few minutes each day on edits.

Jan Morrison said...

Margot - no sentimental attachment! You've got that right.
Elizabeth - yes - I can only seem to manage small bites of my revision. It's also at the place near the ending that isn't quite...or, erm...nearly done, so that makes it harder - but it is the focus that is lacking. I'm trying to be kind to myself - on the other hand, how kind will it be to be sliding into my deadline without the work done?

David said...

Hi Jan,

Great series - incredibly positive. Editing can be great when you're in the zone and know where you're going, but the rest of the time... Looking forward to reading the rest of the series. :0)

I'm giving your blog a shout out tomorrow.

David
@Breakerofthings from
Fiction Can Be Fun
Calling by as an A2Z supporter

Shannon Mackle said...

Just a couple of months ago, I gave this relationship doctor Robinson buckler a try. It was my last hope to get my ex husband back.

Weeks before my ex left me and our 2 children, there were a lot of argument and fighting between me and him. On the day he left me, he told me that he doesn't think he loved me any more and this was not working. I was so devastated hearing this, I begged him not to go and I even promised that I would change. But he made up his mind already. He packed his bags and left our house.

I tried calling him and texting him to tell him I miss him and still love him. I asked him to give us another chance. He slowly stopped replying to my messages and stopped picking up my calls.

I then searched the internet on how to get ex back, and even bought a few products such as text your ex back and ex recovery system. Nothing worked, and my ex was still very cold towards me.

When I was about to give up, I found Robinson buckler ex back program. He is a relationship coach with a lot of success stories. I knew what I needed was not a book but a coach to guide me how to make my ex fall in love with me again. I immediately signed up for his program.

In the first couple of days, I made a lot of good progress. I am happier and more confident. My ex saw the positive changes in me, and started to talk to me more and even asked me out for dates.

Fast forward two weeks later, my ex told me that he wants to give our relationship a second try. I was beyond happy when I heard that.

Now, we are closer and happier together. It would not have happened without Robinson buckler help.

I highly recommend


________R.buckler11 [[@Gmail com ]]


100% result guaranteed..