Monday, April 11, 2016

I is for I - as I can't find an I - no really, I can't




My theme this year is the ABCEDARIA of Women who have inspired me.

I is for I - embarrassing but true. I could not find a female who inspired me who's last name started with I. Not one. Not poets, not writers, not leaders (sorry Queen Isabella did not inspire me), not scientists or anthropologists or inventors. Nada.

How do I inspire me? By getting up some mornings. By continuing to refuse to be anyone but myself. By sticking to the agreements I make even if they are with myself (especially actually) or on this blog. I inspire me by keeping my humour and therefore my sanity, and for creating safe fun places for others to grow and inspire. I'm inspired by the fact that I've never lost my rebel heart - the working of which provides me the energy to fight for the underdog and say my truth.

When I get down and can't find my inspiration I go to my friends who are willing to reflect back the ways I'm not a failure, as I will do for them when those times arise.

The photo is of me at a home gallery show of an artist friend of mine - she asked me to read my poetry which I did with delight!

How about you? Can you inspire yourself? How do you do it?

8 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I think *you're* inspiring! You always take on a lot in your personal life and work and still make time for creativity and friends!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is right, Jan. You are inspiring. I learn from you every time I visit your blogs, or you visit mine. I'm so glad you included yourself here.

Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor said...

Sounds like you have some very good friends who can remind you about how inspiring you really are.

Cheers - Ellen | http://thecynicalsailor.blogspot.com/2016/04/i-is-for-island-nancy-drew-investigates.html

Yvonne Ventresca said...

Good post for I! Sometimes the best inspiration does come from ourselves.

Yvonne V

Arlee Bird said...

Names starting with I seem kind of scarce. I inspire myself all the time. That is to say my imagination gets me going and then it's up to me to complete the task.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Rosa Temple Writes said...

I think it is possible to inspire yourself. It's easy to forget how and your post helped me to remember how it's done! Thank you.
Rosa
@RosaT_Author
Rosa Temple writes...

Susan Scott said...

An inspiring post Jan thank you! Glad you chose it (good there was no-one else you could think of!) I've never thought about how do I inspire myself - but I'm taking some of what you say on board - I too have never lost my rebel spirit, will say what's need to be said. Watering the garden is inspiring in its way .. as is walking - reading, writing, chopping wood, carrying water ...

Dihiwi said...

I like your topic for the "I" letter! I think it shows a level of maturity and acceptance that you can inspire yourself - keep yourself going when you need an extra bit of oomph! I inspire myself sometimes by reading past blogs that I've written. Some I can tell were simply written to fulfill the A to Z Challenge, for example. Others I reread and really enjoy, really like. Not because they are going to win a Pulitzer or anything. Simply because I lived much of the stories that I write about and it brings back fun, important memories to me. And, hopefully it can touch someone else's heart as well. Found your blog through the A to Z Challenge. Keep up the good work. www.dianeweidenbenner.com