Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday, April 14, 2013

An Award!!!!

You all know I'm not an award type gal but when Natasha over at Coffee Rings Everwhere awarded me this - well, I have a soft spot for that gal and also I like anything that supports the A to Zed Challenge!


This particular award is for blogs participating in the a-z challenge and with fewer than 200 followers (I cheated on this, as did Natasha!), to give them a bit of a boost.
To accept the nomination I have to fulfil these requirements:
  1. Post the award on my blog - done
  2. Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site - done
  3. Post 11 random facts about myself -done
  4. Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked  - done
  5. Nominate new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to - done 
  6. Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own - DONE!
So here goes for 3 to 6!
 
3. Random facts -
 
1. I'm a clown with the name Jan la Banan.
2. I was once a high-lead logger.
3. My sweet patootie brings me coffee in bed every morning.
4. I love to play the games I played as a child with my grandchildren - like Red Rover and Jacks and Freeze Tag.
5. I got to read one of my friend's poems at her launch last night (Sue Goyette's newest book is Ocean by Gaspreau Press - what a beauty it is!)
6. I miss my dear dear dog.
7. I'm in the middle of directing a play called Wellfarewell in the village of Prospect.
8. I once swept an elephant.
9. I met Jimi Hendrix.
10. I know all the words to Angel from Montgomery.
11. I'm a Buddhist with pantheist leanings ....
4. Answer 11 questions from Natasha
1) If you could be one character from fiction, who would it be? - oh Jo Marchbanks from Little Women - easiest answer yet!
2) Is there any one character who you think is pure Evil? - Yes, he who shall not be named - our (Canadian) prime minister - he is killing our environment and I don't think it gets lower than that.
3) Betraying your friends, or betraying your principles- which is worse? If I were to betray my friends it would be betraying my principles - and vice versa.
4) Mathematics or Literature- which subject did you like more in school? -oh literature! I wish they'd taught us fractals and monster mathematics though - might have liked it then.
5) Would you dance in the rain, or run for shelter? dance
6) Favourite word(s) - serendipity , coemergent wisdom, awake
7) If money was no object, where would you go for your next holiday?  - me and the fella would go to Paris and then swoop down to Basque Spain. We'd end our vacation with three weeks in Ireland. Yep we would!
8) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would like to not procrastinate on paper work as it causes me great stress.
9) The one colour you will never wear? - I don't like to say never but I'm not fond of peach.
10) Favourite drink? - In the summer g & t's, in the winter scotch, on holidays mojitos!
11) Where do you see yourself in 11 years? I'll be seventy-two and I hope I have four more grandkids and three or four books published and another play done and uh ... in my new home on our new property in Prospect, NS - with chickens and bees and a wee garden that can withstand the winds!
 
5. Nominate some bloggers that would welcome new readers (yes, I am changing the rules slightly - have to for reasons to long to go into here but I'm sure you'd agree) Go visit this gang - they are varied but in one way - they are all fun!
 
1. Sue Travers at Jumping Aground
2. Cindy Dwyer at A Reason to Write
3. Laura Marcella at Wavy Lines
4. Pete Denton Writer
5. S. P. Bowers
6. Elizabeth at Transitional Woman
7. Julie Flanders
 
6. My 11 questions
 
1. If you could take one book with you on a trip to a secluded island (or cabin) what book would it be?
2. What is the weirdest job you've ever held?
3. Sweet or salty?
4. What book had the most impact on you?
5. If you could do whatever you wanted (money no object) how would you spend your time?
6. Fave midnight snack?
7. Naughty or nice?
8. If you were in charge of the world what would you change first?
9. Why do you blog (one sentence only!)
10. What pet do you have or did you have that you are mad for?
11. Tell us your secret dream. Come on! Tell us!
 
OK - back to our regular program tomorrow!
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Laura S. said...

Hello, Jan! Congrats on your award! Thanks for passing it on to me. It's so sweet of you to think of my blog! I'll have to answer your questions after the A to Z Challenge. :)

I really enjoyed learning more about you. I love it that you play jacks, red rover, and freeze tag with your grandchildren! I enjoyed playing those games when I was a kid, too, and I'm sure your grandkids love it!

Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Julie Flanders said...

Thank you for this Jan! I enjoyed reading your answers and will get to your questions soon, thanks!

Cindy Dwyer said...

Hi, Jan! Thanks for thinking of me, I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I have a post coming up where I already planned some shout-outs, so I will wrap the two together.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the challenge!

My secret dream shouldn't be too much of a surprise - I'd love to make a living from my writing. I don't even need to be a huge success, just making a living would meet my goal. My husband has a portable job so I'd love to be able to travel to places, rent a condo or cottage and live there for a month or two.

S.P. Bowers said...

Thanks for thinking of me! And I love Jo March. I always identified with her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nomination. I don't think it's pushy :)

Sue said...

Ooooh, thankyou so much Jan! That's a challenge and a half - it'll take me a while to respond thoughtfully, but I'll get there!