Monday, July 16, 2012

Just What is Happening

Around here that is. Not sure about the rest of the universe.
I have written over 70 thousand words on my new novel. I think another eight and it will be a first draft. Sigh. I'm loving that. Then I'll have it to revise - heavy duty first revision. I have a 'light' revision of The Rock Walker before sending it to my polishing editor. I have to send out another package to someone (agent? publisher?) about True.

On another project front I've been writing a poem a day for the last 51 days and posting them with the photo that inspired them on facebook. Yep - 51 poems - raw. I took this morning and copied them into microsoft as I had written them right on fb. Now I have a file with 51 poems without the pictures. When I hit 60 in nine days I think I will stop. At least for awhile - though I have loved the discipline.
But yes, I will stop and then I will work those raw poems. I'm trying not to do it yet. Just want them to sit for another week or so. Even transcribing them I found which ones worked without the pictures or appeared to and which ones could be changed so they would, and which ones might need to be shelved. Yep. And then I'll start sending them out to journals. I haven't done that in years but I'm ready to again.

I'm in writing heaven. Just so full to bursting and enjoying it. It is the best time too as my clientelle subsizes into summertime health and the house is staying fairly clean with maintenance and uh...well, that's it really. The muse arrived and I've been here waiting for her every day so she stayed. Sweet eh?

Here's a gratuitous flower picture I took yesterday - it is one of a gazillion daylilies we have here. Love them.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you're in the writing groove, keep at it!

Faith Pray said...

I'm drooling over your writing flow! Go, Jan!