Hi faithful readers! Usually I write about my writing process on Tuesdays and today will be no different - just much later. And why is that you ask? Because our modem failed a few days ago and we've had no internet. We got the new one mailed to us as Aliant couldn't just swap one out but they did get it to us in one day once they knew. So it has been hooked up about twenty minutes and I've already gone through my email and now am writing this. I just want to give you an idea of what I did because I couldn't:
1. Send out the fourth package (emailed) to an agent.
2. Play frozen bubble.
3. Write blog posts.
4. Play frozen bubble.
5. Send and read emails.
6. Play fb.
7. Go on facebook and wander endlessly in the stacks of a weird virtual library of images and writing.
8. p fb.
And so this is what I did instead:
1. Completeley emptied six bookcases.
2. Got rid of about 300 books.
3. Changed the lay-out of the rec room so it will look spacious and not like a book cave.
4. Added one bookcase to my office and moved another.
5. STARTED REVISION OF THE ROCK WALKER!!!!
6. Read a bunch.
7. Watched dvds of the first season of Game of Thrones as we couldn't finish Little Dorrit as we watch that on Net Flix.
8. Read some more.
I don't know about you but I have to seriously rethink my internet use - this has shown me the light! Trouble is I'm so into the internet thing that it may take something really....erm....I don't know what...to get me to not be such a geekette. I loved working on The Rock Walker. I thought it was going to need a drastic revision but it won't. There's some sequencing problems but I think they're sortable and I'm really enjoying the hell out of it. It's funny and delightful and kind of rude and well - I like it after this really really long break from it. Hope others will too. Later. I'm going to turn this off now and go read before whipping up an omlette for me and the man. The step-dot is at rehearsal. hmmmmm....