Friday, February 24, 2012

another in-house retreat

Hello to all that have not heard from me in a long time! I am about to do another retreat - shorter by a day and perhaps more relaxed in some ways, more urgent than others. I have worked fairly persistently since my last retreat two weeks ago - meaning I have been ploughing through the revision around my other work of counselling etc... I have eight chapters left and still some work on my long synopsis and package for the contest. It is due on the first so the next four days will be spent on finishing the revision - giving it another quick polish and getting the package together. After it is done and dusted, I will turn my attention to the query packages to four agents. Whew!
I have been very busy with clients, for which I am incredibly grateful, and with family and friends. This is the Buddhist New Year and there have been gatherings and celebrations for that. As well, I attended my grand-daughter's assembly today - she did a great job, both on stage and handling the sound system. I loved the show - a story of Angus MacAskill, the Giant of Cape Breton...
here are three of the Canadian Babes making plans for our Florida adventure in April...

Hope to take a good run at visiting blogs tomorrow in my in between writing bits of time!

2 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I love this idea of an in-house retreat. I'm trying to figure out how to schedule one for myself.

Faith Pray said...

The retreat sounds perfect. Are we talking about a retreat where you stay home, eat your own food, wear your fuzzy slippers, and pretend that you're at a writing retreat? I may just have to dream of this one - for a few years at least! Sounds wonderful. Great writes to you!