Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I did it! I did it!

What? You may well ask. I finished the edits I was working on - every bit of True has the edits suggested by my editor and has been put into third person. I did the last four chapters today. Not the last four chapters of the book - but the last ones to be touched. The tricksy pow-wow chapters. And I used my method from the Friday Challenge of a slow inquiry and gentle movement until I got them the way I wanted. I was really tempted to bull-doze but I didn't need to. I just needed to pare it down to the essential bits and I did.
So, now what? I have some largish fixes to make. I want to get rid of one of the too-many sisters of my protagonist. She may live yet but I think I can get rid of her fairly tidily now. I have already started changing another line that runs through the book involving Libby (the protag) and the man who gets her pregnant. I had it too nicey nice and I've started the work with that. And I know there's more but I will be able to do it now that I've cleaned it up as much as I have and made the pov change (though it isn't really a pov change - it is still Libby all the way -but in third not first).
Wow.
I'm going to go eat some chips and drink some wine and put my feet up. I am psyched and empty and full.
And only one day behind my schedule. Holy macaroni.

4 comments:

Sue said...

whoooooohooooo. If it wasn't before breaky I'd join you in the wine and nibbles. It'll have to be Earl Grey tea at my end. Congratulations - gosh! I Love that line "psyched and empty and full" Sue

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a great feeling! Now are you going to start NaNoWriMo? Don't hit me please.

Jan Morrison said...

Hi Sue, Hi Karen!!!
Yep, wouldn't that be swell- I am drinking a saucy cheapo Australian wine called 'The Usual Suspect', one of our favourites! And Karen - naaaaah! I just reread my nano posts from two years ago and I'm still not recovered. Nothing at all new until the three that are in revision or being finished or somewhere in there - are off to being grownups with jobs! Then I have another plan alurking.

Anonymous said...

Jan - I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations on getting those edits done. What a great feeling. You deserve a rest and some self-nurturing.