Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Down to it...revising through a shit storm

My NaBlo posts are in the form of letters to my journal about my revision process. Along the way, I'll include Home-Made Revision Workshop posts, and my Friday Challenges..


Dear Journal,
Yesterday I got the first two of twenty-five chapters put into third person. My chapters not being of an even nature, made this a longer process than I'd thought - one was a very long chapter indeed. I went off to work, planning to do the character enrichment of Libby in the afternoon. Nope. Instead I found out some bad news to do with a court case. It has had me down but I'll get up.  But today, I'm a bit rocky. So, I would like to go to bed with a mystery - reading a kick-ass noir right now, called Fun & Games by Duane Swierczynski, but I'm not going to. I'm going to go back to my revision schedule. I have three hours of writing I can do and I'm going to do it. Because I'm a writer, not a victim.
Tomorrow, journal, is another day.

4 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about you're going through. I hate it when the SOBs "win."

I wish you all the best and pray you come out the other side of this in a MUCH better place (physically and emotionally.)

Angela said...

Oh, wow, that sounds awful! I hope the writing helps.

Me said...

Sorry to hear about your financial misfortune (to put it mildly, I know). Good for you for focusing on the important but I imagine it is not even remotely easy.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I'm so sorry, Jan! Hope the writing can help. No, you're definitely not a victim. Sending hugs.