Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching Willow Watts Launch

Congratulations to Talli Roland - her newest book - Watching Willow Watts is launching today. Yay! Please, if you haven't, go to her blog and pick up a copy of this fun read.

As part of the launch, we've been told to imagine we could be someone else for a day. Just one? asks I.  Oh, all right. I keep trying to be clever but really the person who, oddly, won't leave me alone is Jo March. She's not even a real person. Does that matter? I don't think so - the whole thing is predicated on magic so if I want to be a character out of a book -well who's going to stop me? Huh? Who?

this is the cover of the book I had - it was one of those hard crunchy covers. Remember them? 
Jo is one of the four sisters in Little Women. I adore her. Why? Because she is a writer. She works her head off to be one, giving up all sorts of opportunities at advancement (marriage? to a rich boy?) and I like that. I don't think I'd have loved living in that time but a day won't hurt. I want to be up in her attic room figuring out plots and entanglements while my sisters bother me for my brush or my corset stays.


Or, maybe, Colette! Yes, Colette - a real writer who lived in those crazy lovely days of Paris - writing, loving,  gardening, raising shar peis (Hoagy is half shar pei). She was on the stage and loved her mum and had a few husbands - perhaps I am her!


Or...Deary Blossom - I want to sing. I really want to sing.
Enough...


For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.

Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.

But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?


Buy a copy of Willow on  on Amazon.com for $2.99. Paperback coming in November!

7 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Awesome choice! I love how Jo chose to follow what she wanted to do than what society dictated. :)

Liza said...

Congratulations to Talli! Looks like a fun read!

Unknown said...

It's difficult to pick just one, isn't it? I had a hard time too.

LTM said...

ahh, I'm loving this blogfest. Mine's tomorrow, but I have to say, I didn't think of Jo March! I've never forgiven her for not marrying Laurie... LOL! :D

Talli Roland said...

Jo March is a great choice, but I have to say I'd go for Colette. What a life she led!

Thanks so much for taking part. I really appreciate it! And I'm sorry I'm just popping by now. I flaked out early last night! xx

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I really wish I could sing, too!

Ann said...

Jo March was my favorite sister too, when I read the book. When I later saw the film with Kathrine Hepburn on the telly it just confirmed it, Jo was the one for me.