Friday, November 12, 2010

Odds and Sods and a Friday Challenge

I have a very short time to make this post as I'm off on a retreat with the Healing and Cancer Foundation. This is my first one since I told Rob and Tim that I'd like to be part of their team and I am pretty psyched.
Scared and excited is one coin that I know so I will be flipping it for the next few hours as we drive to Saint John, New Brunswick. I think excited is the odds on favourite though.

Thank you so much to Rayna from Coffee Rings Everywhere for her lovely spotlight on me! I was gobsmacked (don't you love that word?) to read her kind and generous words. I read it the morning after a dream where I met several of my blog pals and we were all so thrilled to finally see each other. I love that sort of serendipity.

And thanks to the folks who took her suggestion and wandered over to check me out and push my followers to above a hundred. I'm going to think of something special for Barbara from The Middle Ages for being the hundredth person to sign up.

And thanks to all of you who responded to my Rememberance Day poem. I had a good day with my pal and it was icing on the cake to come home to more appreciation!

So....drum roll please.
This Friday's Challenge!  I know I know - I said no more but I can't resist.
This Friday's Challenge is to take a bit of time and think of all the people you appreciate - those that help you through the day to day - from the bus driver who actually remembers you are always on his or her route and shoots you a grin when you thump up the stairs, to your sisters, brothers, buds, parents, bosses, and strangers who make your life easier or more meaningful. You could even extend it to those who make your life more stressful because they too are responsible for waking you up. When you've gone through this process take a bit more time and call or email or gosh write a note to as many of those people as you can.

See you on the other side of the weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan - Have a wonderful retreat! You more than deserve the spotlight :-). And as far as people I appreciate? Look in the mirror and you'll see one of 'em.

Liza said...

Nice Friday challenge. I'm off to ponder and write a list.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Nice challenge! And a great reminder to do something I don't do enough of. I appreciate you for always looking at life from a unique angle (and one that I should spend more time looking from.) Thanks!

Hope your retreat goes well.

Deb and Barbara said...

Great food for thought, Jan. I don't need more appreciation than this!! Have a wonderful retreat.
B
The Middle Ages

Patricia Stoltey said...

I hope your retreat restful and rejuvenating. And your thoughts about appreciated the wonderful folks in our lives is right on. Today I'm appreciating all my awesome blogger friends.

Donna B. said...

Have a wonderful retreat and weekend...congrats to Barb for being the 100th follower and great food for thought about remembering others...

Glynis said...

Great idea for a post. I already have an idea for this coming Monday but I don't for the following one. Thanks!

Natasha said...

I am quite sure I cannot do this Challenge, because there are just too many people I cannot do without. But I do take the trouble to smile at them and talk to them in addition to thanking them, so I guess I am done.

And I am so glad you crossed 100 followers. I thought it a shame that you were stuck in the 90s for so long, and was hoping the spotlight would push the number up. The good thing is that the new followers are all people who care.

Emma Shortt said...

Lovely idea :)