Clarissa . Thanks so much! I particularly like this award as I am a word freak.
The rules for this one are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Display the award logo on your blog site.
3. Tell us five of your favorite words and why you like them, (add as many as you like).
4. Pass the award on to three bloggers you feel are excellent literacy builders, and link to their sites.
5. Contact the bloggers you’ve chosen and let them know about the award.
Here are five of my favorite words:
verandah - makes me all swoony
stone - not sure - it is a word so much like a stone that I just like it.
rococco - think it should be rococcoco but it isn't
curve - just say it aloud
tricksty - a word invented by Golem can't be bad can it?
Three bloggers who epitomize this award are:
Helen at Straight from Hel who blogs tirelessly about the word and books and all things literate (except for the mermaid stuff but hey!)
the Tartlette (Hart) who loves the play of words with the same fervour I do.
And Natasha who is the drabbling queen over at Coffee Rings Everywhere!!
My usual caveat - play or don't play - I really don't mind. I know I have awards lying in dust heaps somewhere - sometimes I like it and sometimes I just don't have time so I pass that on to all of you winners!