this is me crossing the finish line in Dublin!Tomorrow I begin my seven week edit and revision. Today I want to get ready for that. How might I support the writer in me? I've decided on a few ways. Today I will finish some tasks that weigh me down. I have some info to get to my tax person and I will locate it and get it away. I will clean my office - sweep - get rid of all other projects - put them away neatly - clear off my desk top - find all the bits and pieces I will need in order to be ready to roll tomorrow. I will go and buy ink for my computer as I will be printing out a compressed manuscript for the first part (single spaced, small font, double-sided). I think I'm going to try and find a comfortable reading chair for in here. I've printed off the schedule I did up the other day and will post it. I will also create a calendar with my goals on it so I can chart my progress. I will print off some pictures of my writing heroes and post them above my computer. Gather all my writing books in one easy to grab basket.
I will put in place my carrots and sticks.
- finish one hour of work - take 15 minutes to weed in garden
- after two hours - walk dog, make a healthy snack or do some stretches.
- when twenty hours are done for week - take the man out for dinner or a movie.
- Make a huge effort to schedule clients in clumps so that I have free days to write for long stretches.
- blog progress or lack of - that is a big stick, my friends.
- tell my non-blogging pals what I'm up to and get them to ask me about my progress. (yes, I'm completely driven by wishing to impress my friends and family!)
- Take my lap-top to work so I can work in between clients instead of going for coffee or snoozing!