Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I'm not a liar - I'm a fantabulist!
I received this award yesterday! Ann from Inkpots N'Quills gave it to me. Thanks Ann!It's for being a good liar or a creative writer depending on how you look at it. I say that writers see endless possibilities and permutations which allow us to take very long flights of the fanciful sort. And I'm sticking to it. I practised my writing skills as a child and teenager with credible stories for my parents and teachers on why I had failed to do something I was given to do - like get home on time. This also allowed me to bear the infinite boredom of being a disenfranchised human being of a short kind because I had to spin tales in my mind thus filling up all those boring chunks of time between fun stuff! I am honoured, therefore, to receive this award and I beg your indulgence when I change the rules slightly! I hear a roar of approval from the crowd. Good - I will proceed.
I am going to play this game the way I learned it - six truths and a lie. You guys get to pick the lie except my family and those who know but hey maybe I just think they know.
1. I swept an elephant with a broom once.
2. I shook hands with Jimi Hendrix.
3. I was a high-lead logger in British Columbia.
4. I streaked through a university pub wearing nothing but a shamrock.
5. I was snorkeling in Cuba and came face to face with a (smallish) shark.
6. I fell into the bottomless pit at Carlesbad Caverns and was saved by my dad grabbing my Mary Maxim sweater (thanks Dad! Thanks Aunt Beth for knitting with steel fibre!)
7. I carried a teapot onto a stage for Allen Ginsberg.
OK - you're all on. And let's see - I pass this award onto
Galen at Imagineering Fiction
Elizabeth S-C at Mystery Writing is Murder
Elspeth at It's a Mystery
Hart at Watery Tart
Faith Pray at Sacred Dirt
Stacy Post at A Writer's Point of View
Natasha at Coffee Rings Everywhere
I'm sure that is more than I'm supposed to but ...and if you already have it please ignore this!
Also - please go to my 300th post of yesterday if you haven't and comment!