Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Life

this morning the sun arose through golden ice...
Crow peeked out the coop
to see what strange woman was offering scratch...
suspicous yes but scratch is so good...


inside the coop Ruby was happy to partake while Jackmo looked on in horror...


Bea and Deary came around from under the coop to see what all the fuss was...


Miss. Prissy (the youngest hen) could not believe her beady eyes!


afterwards I practised Twinkle Twinkle with my most ardent fan, Hoagy.


What a day and it is only 11:30! I feel just like Maggie Muggins.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

seeing you feed your chicks with your new head gear.. Cute... and your dog, Hoagy, seems as interested in music as ours are ... they seem to be attracted to it...
...and they never mind if we miss a note... my kind of audience...

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I used to fancy having chickens. Dogs, dogs I have, four to be exact. Love Sundays!