Saturday, November 21, 2009

A New Day

Today is a new day. I love Saturdays and their big old clean slate feeling. I'm not going to the market with the step-dot - her mom is taking her shopping for things she needs for the entrepreneurial fair. boo! So, I'm not going. I'm going to write four thou on my novel and put my garden to bed, take down the chicken wire fence - heap lots of shavings and chicken poo on to it. I'm going to get caught up on all sorts of correspondence and sweep our bedroom of woofies and on and on. You should see my to-do list! Well, perhaps you mostly have. Later in the day as a treat, I'm going to post the picture of my old house in Ottawa and write a short essay on the pitfalls and exquisiteness of nostalgia. So, I'll check in later and let you know how its going...

2 comments:

Liz in PA said...

Good Day to you Jan~ I am anxious to read about your old homestead home and the many adventures good & bad!
I, too, have a few old homes in my lifetime, many to be exact! From Ohio clear to California, beginning in childhood!
It's a grey gloomy damp day here...nothing to be cheery about, and it matches my mood today.
Bummer :-(

Jan Morrison said...

Hi Liz - you're going to have to wait cuz I'm too pooped! Read my newest to know why. But soon...it has been a fairly grey day here too but warm. And I got a lot of the garden cleaned up. Yikes!