Friday, September 25, 2009

Swimming to Tancook - not

quite honestly, dear readers, I haven't been working on Swimming to Tancook (working title). I have been working on feeling better with this diet and today, I do feel some equanimity with it. I didn't realize how much my life is focussed around food. I love cooking, I always have and my SP loves cooking and so does my step-dot. Our big night out is always some nice restaurant or a long yummy dinner with friends. I read cook books and visit cooking sites daily. A lot of that is pretty good food but not neccesarily what I can eat on this diet. Also, I love not so good food. I love chocolate bars and fish and chips and potato chips eaten with my pal Marion. I even like a nice cold coke from time to time and I certainly like a g&t in the summer and a scotch in the winter and wine all year round. So I'm recalibrating my entire system, both body and mind. The last few days I haven't felt aggrieved though. I've felt....hmmm...clean! Like what I'm putting in my body is really good - full of chi. This morning I had kamut cakes (like rice cakes only not allowed rice) with cashew butter I made from organic unprocessed cashews with slices of an apple on it. It was incrediably tasty. I just need to not eat twelve of them! Last night I had quinoi (sp) with steamed cauliflower and brocoli and lightly sauteed green onion, garlic and ginger root. Very good. I know! I'm a hippy again!I've lost about seven pounds so far which is pretty radical. I'll be able to fit into my old bell bottom jeans and tie dye shirt. And I feel my energy returning slowly. Tomorrow or the next day I am supposed to get what feels like the flu as the yeast dies off. I don't want it but I do so that I know something is happening. It is EASY to accidentally eat the wrong thing on this diet unknowingly so ...
Today I am working on the script for our upcoming murder mystery - The Sad Sad Story of Angel Pye. That will be fun actually. The mystery is a week from today so I best get at it!

3 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Congrats to you on progress and the mental shift to where it is getting easier! I need to start this process myself very soon (I am psyching myself up for it).

Your mention of not writing is one of my reasons for delay. I am a creature of habit, able to get obsessive at something without even trying, and a diet is one of those things that sucks ALL the attention out of me. I've been on a writing role and am afraid to throw a wrench in it until the momentum peters out on its own.

Jan Morrison said...

Yep - I know what you mean. I think that is why I like this diet as nuts as it is - it is EXTREME and I like that aspect. However, I'm still writing - just haven't dived into the new book yet. Like you, I'm waiting to hear...

Natasha said...

Your progress is astounding.

For me, even stopping coffee was radical. As for ensuring I have two portions of veggies a day - let's just say that happens occasionally now rather than not at all.

Would love to see you in your bell bottomed jeans and tie and dye shirt - the height of fashion, again!