Friday, September 25, 2009

Swimming to Tancook - not

quite honestly, dear readers, I haven't been working on Swimming to Tancook (working title). I have been working on feeling better with this diet and today, I do feel some equanimity with it. I didn't realize how much my life is focussed around food. I love cooking, I always have and my SP loves cooking and so does my step-dot. Our big night out is always some nice restaurant or a long yummy dinner with friends. I read cook books and visit cooking sites daily. A lot of that is pretty good food but not neccesarily what I can eat on this diet. Also, I love not so good food. I love chocolate bars and fish and chips and potato chips eaten with my pal Marion. I even like a nice cold coke from time to time and I certainly like a g&t in the summer and a scotch in the winter and wine all year round. So I'm recalibrating my entire system, both body and mind. The last few days I haven't felt aggrieved though. I've felt....hmmm...clean! Like what I'm putting in my body is really good - full of chi. This morning I had kamut cakes (like rice cakes only not allowed rice) with cashew butter I made from organic unprocessed cashews with slices of an apple on it. It was incrediably tasty. I just need to not eat twelve of them! Last night I had quinoi (sp) with steamed cauliflower and brocoli and lightly sauteed green onion, garlic and ginger root. Very good. I know! I'm a hippy again!I've lost about seven pounds so far which is pretty radical. I'll be able to fit into my old bell bottom jeans and tie dye shirt. And I feel my energy returning slowly. Tomorrow or the next day I am supposed to get what feels like the flu as the yeast dies off. I don't want it but I do so that I know something is happening. It is EASY to accidentally eat the wrong thing on this diet unknowingly so ...
Today I am working on the script for our upcoming murder mystery - The Sad Sad Story of Angel Pye. That will be fun actually. The mystery is a week from today so I best get at it!

3 comments:

Watery Tart said...

Congrats to you on progress and the mental shift to where it is getting easier! I need to start this process myself very soon (I am psyching myself up for it).

Your mention of not writing is one of my reasons for delay. I am a creature of habit, able to get obsessive at something without even trying, and a diet is one of those things that sucks ALL the attention out of me. I've been on a writing role and am afraid to throw a wrench in it until the momentum peters out on its own.

Jan said...

Yep - I know what you mean. I think that is why I like this diet as nuts as it is - it is EXTREME and I like that aspect. However, I'm still writing - just haven't dived into the new book yet. Like you, I'm waiting to hear...

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Your progress is astounding.

For me, even stopping coffee was radical. As for ensuring I have two portions of veggies a day - let's just say that happens occasionally now rather than not at all.

Would love to see you in your bell bottomed jeans and tie and dye shirt - the height of fashion, again!