Friday, October 2, 2015

And we all fall down...

I'm behind in my writing goal. I'm not sure how far behind because I'm not sure how long it will take me to do the fix - but I haven't kept up my resolve to work an hour a day. My excuse? My darn shoulder. It isn't even that it hurts so much more when I'm at the computer, but that I am tired all the time.  My medication hasn't kicked in yet and not sure it will - and then not sure what is next if it doesn't do the trick. I get home from work and pretty much flop. I have kept up my meditation practice (if I don't I'll be crazy as well as in pain so... ) but I haven't been drawing very much or writing at all. I did revise the first two chapters and I have a further revision in mind for that part of the book that won't take any time but the ending - the big fat ending that needs so much - I haven't touched.

My plan (now) is to try and write this weekend - I'm not doing anything else except for a visit to my mother-in-law at the home. No going out, no having folks in - just writing. If I can manage that for the next two weekends I should still be able to meet my goal of having it ready by the twentieth.

How are your writing (or any) goals going?

See you on Wednesday for the monthly meeting of the IWSG! It's not too late to sign up - such a swell group.

6 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend. Hopefully the medication will start helping and you'll be writing more than ever. Have a great weekend.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Life is ebb and flow. Listen to your body and do what you can--without stressing!
Good luck with the new plan. I need to make one since I've got a lot of rewriting to do in the next few weeks. Here goes...

Blondi Blathers said...

I have no writing goals! I should probably get some.

Anonymous said...

I hope your shoulder feels better soon, Jan! And those kinds of things happen to us all. The key, I think, is to just start over and set new goals.

Jan Morrison said...

Thanks all! Shoulder still making me nuts but did manage to work some hours this weekend and I have a new plan. Think I'll still be able to get this off in time (or to be more accurate - off in the time I've chosen as a deadline). As long as I remember to get up one more time than the number of times I fall down I should be alright.

Carol Kilgore said...

I hope you got to write. My progress is good. Not great, but much better than its been in a long time. Next year I hope for more improvement.